Chef Zane’s Fondue Recipe
Makes 1 qt, serves 6-8
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup cream
1 ½ cup dry white wine
1 to 1 ½ tbsp. cornstarch slurry (1 part cornstarch, 1 part cold water)
5 oz. Emmenthaler cheese, grated
4 oz. Gruyère cheese, grated
½ tsp. nutmeg
salt to taste
fresh ground white pepper to taste
2 oz. kirschwasser
- Rub a thick bottom pan with garlic.
- Add cream and white wine; bring to a boil.
- Thicken with cornstarch slurry to a nappé.
- Add cheese mix in slowly; keep stirring until cheese is melted.
- Adjust the consistency with slurry or wine.
- Add nutmeg, salt, pepper.
- Finish with kirschwasser.
Serve with country bread (Italian pagnatta is my favorite), diced apples and pears.